STAnD (Security Tools for App Development) is the outcome of EIT Digital’s API Assistant Innovation Activity 2018.
The activity will create an assistant for mobile app developers capable of rising Cyber Security awareness and mitigating threats in API-based mobile apps by offering a toolkit for code hardening against known security problems and a managed security service for testing, analysis, and compliance.
Fact sheet of the activity
- Activity leader: Silvio Ranise (FBK).
- Period: from 01/01/2018 until 31/12/2018.
- Funding: EIT Digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation under Internal Agreement Grant 2018 (ID project 18163).
The outcome of EIT Digital's API Assistant Innovation Activity is STAnD. The Security Tools for App Development - STAnD - is a new plug-in that helps application programming interface (API) developers make their APIs secure. It does this by providing a managed security service capable of identifying potential vulnerabilities, together with a catalogue of code hardening techniques that help reduce their exploitation. While tools already exist to secure APIs, none has so far been available for ensuring their secure usage in application creation.
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK) (leader of the API Assistant Innovation Activity, responsible also for identity management within the project)
- GFT Technologies (business champion and system integrator)
- Technical University of Berlin (code analysis and security analysis of API usage)
- Poste Italiane (fintech business case with an app developed using the API Assistant)