Published: Nov 27, 2013
- Title: ICT security in Industrial Control Systems: an Overview
- Speaker: Alessio Coletta
- Event date: Wednesday, 27 November 2013 - 11:30 AM
- Location: Sala Direzione Edificio Ovest (FBK)
- Abstract: Most industrial processes are controlled and operated by systems that heavily use ICT components and that are not isolated as they used to be. Hence, cyber threats can be a major concern for critical infrastructures like energy power generation, water / gas transportation, and so on. An overview of some specific aspects of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) is presented, together with some insights about their cyber security issues and possibile solutions.
- Bio: Alessio Coletta possesses a MSc degree in Computer Science from Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa and University of Pisa, and is a MSc Information Security candidate at the Royal Holloway University of London. He carried out research and development activities at the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission (Ispra), and at the Global Cyber Security Center (Rome) where he currently works, mainly focused on cyber security aspects of critical networked infrastructures.