You are here
OAuth Security Workshop 2018
The OAuth Security Workshop (OSW) aim is to improve the security of OAuth and related Internet protocols by a direct exchange of views between academic researchers, IETF OAuth Working Group members and industry. The workshop is hosted by the Security and Trust research unit of the Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK).
While the standardization process of OAuth ensures extensive reviews (both security and non-security related), further analysis by security experts from academia and industry is essential to ensure high quality specifications. Contributions to this workshop can help to improve the security of the Web and the Internet.
We seek position papers related to OAuth, OpenID Connect, and other technologies using OAuth under the hood. Contributions regarding technologies that are used in OAuth, such as JOSE, or impact the security of OAuth, such as Web technology, are also welcome.
Areas of interest where OAuth can be used as enabler of innovative scenarios include:
- IoT, SmartCities and Industry 4.0.
- Mobile and Strong authentication.
- Federated Identity.
- Privacy-enhancing technologies.
- Position paper and Tutorial submission deadline: January 19, 2018
- Author notification: February 5, 2018
- Workshop: Wed, March 14, 2018 (half-day), Thu, March 15, 2018 (full-day), and Fri, March 16, 2018 (half-day)
The details of the call are available here.
Event Dates & Venue
March 14-16, 2018
Fondazione Bruno Kessler
More details on the venue are available here
Security & Trust, Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Roberto Carbone (Security & Trust, Fondazione Bruno Kessler)
- Hannes Tschofenig (ARM Limited, IETF OAuth Working Group Co-Chair)
- Michael Jones (Microsoft)
- Ralf Kuesters (University of Stuttgart)
- Torsten Lodderstedt (YES Europe AG)
- Chris Mitchell (Royal Holloway, University of London)
- Anthony Nadalin (Microsoft)
- Nat Sakimura (Nomura Research Institute)
- Antonio Sanso (Adobe)
- Ralf Sasse (ETH Zurich)
- Joerg Schwenk (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
- Giada Sciarretta (Security & Trust, Fondazione Bruno Kessler and University of Trento)
The registration link will be provided soon.